extract files from Windows .bin archives in Ubuntu

My apologies if this is not the right subreddit. Please let me know where else should I post.

I have an Ubuntu for ARM and I came across a setup.exe installation that expands multiple large bin files. My windows VM cannot run the setup.exe and Google doesn't help. The files are all right there but I can't figure out how to extract data from them. "File" guesses the bin files are FreeArc archives, but monarch says "bad first header".

I'm quite stuck. I cannot install TrID (no ARM binary).

I remember MANY years ago that I had found a way to open bin files, but I can't find it anymore.

I tried also 7z without success.

Thanks

submitted by /u/my_n3w_account
[link] [comments]

from hacking: security in practice https://www.reddit.com/r/hacking/comments/zr0oqo/extract_files_from_windows_bin_archives_in_ubuntu/

Comments