Weak ssl/tls certificate signing algorithm.

Anyone experienced this before from a sysadmin perspective. I have a associates degree in cyber security and I’m getting my bachelors currently. I’ve never held a job in the field but I’m by no means new to poodle attacks and padding or beast for the weaker algorithms.How would an enterprise go about fixing this? Is it as simple as creating a new certificate authority that uses more secure ciphers that can be completed during scheduled maintenance or does it involve testing all the clients to make sure they are compatible or like do you have to have a meeting with a bunch of executives to update the existing PKI policy. If it’s all three or more or none of these I just want to know the real world scenario about the process involved in mitigating this. Moderator please leave this post up for like 5 minutes before taking it down this time. I love everybody

submitted by /u/According_Speed_2081
[link] [comments]

from hacking: security in practice https://ift.tt/SKPWb6y

Comments