Preventing a mac from establishing it's physical location

Hello. I have this remote job where the company will be issuing us new Macbooks soon. Until now we worked on our own computers so a VPN was enough. Problem is, I live in another country and if I use the company MacBook it will show my physical location. If I'm gonna get fired for living out of the country, I'm at least gonna go down fighting. The mac doesn't have a GPS chip, but it establishes its own location based on local access points and possibly Bluetooth. If I jam the Bluetooth and WiFi signals, would that be enough to prevent the mac from establishing my physical location, considering that location services are on?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

P.S. Telling my employer that I'm spending time overseas while working remote is not an option. They will not make any exceptions. We have to be physically present in the US, although I haven't been for the past 6 months and my work is still getting done.

submitted by /u/guestquest88
[link] [comments]

from hacking: security in practice https://ift.tt/l2X9LMy

Comments