I ended up leaving a trail after accessing sensitive documents at work. I think I'm gonna be fired, I'm shaking.

I found a very simple backdoor into some VERY sensitive work documents at work. Everything from direct deposits/banking. I only wanted to see my co-workers reprimand files. I'm deleting the google drive I accessed them with and making a new one. Only downside would be losing my YouTube history and all the comments I've made. Let's hope my regional manager is blind or I'm dead. I'm scared guys, I'm shaking.

Also if I do get caught, what would you recommend to properly secure such sensitive information on google drive, that I a lowly retail worker could access such files. I shared a training manual to my google drive, poked around the links inside the documents to external google drives and found a way into the management files.

Any idea how to save myself? What could happen to me? Is my accidental access illegal?

submitted by /u/bioshockbitch
[link] [comments]

from hacking: security in practice https://ift.tt/7sM3Fny

Comments