Game server Remaking...

Hey there guys, I need some advice on how I would go on reverse engineering a server for a game...

The game in question is yugioh online 3, it was shutdown by Konami ages ago and I've been digging and itching on a way to play it again.

From my understanding it uses the Irrlicht Engine and is compiled in c++, and its network seems to function by 2 methods, webserver requests and gameserver requests...

For the webserver part I need to figure out what files it's requesting, and from where, also what's the game looking for in those files. I managed to snag URLs from it's config and strings in the executable but since it's compiled to basically bare bones I can barely see what's going on...

And for the gameserver part I need to make a server that listens and decrypts it's encryption... And build on its requests...

Any assistance is appreciated... Message me if your down on working on this if interested. It just hurts to know atm I can't do shit, loved the game as a kid and want to play it again... Thanks 🙏

submitted by /u/SetCollector88
[link] [comments]

from hacking: security in practice https://ift.tt/nTu5OSi

Comments