Extracting resources from an old game from a defunct company.

Hi there,

Maybe not the right sub, but please feel free to redirect me if I'm in the wrong place.

Feeling a little nostalgic, I am trying to extract the sprites, sounds and all other relevant resources from an old game I used to play to maybe work on a running version on modern computers : https://www.macintoshrepository.org/5980-slithereens.

I am a bit puzzled because as I am trying to figure out a way to extract anything from the game (on OSX). Very conveniently, the sprites, music, title screens, levels and sounds are in separate files. Unfortunately, I get conflicted size info. On the finder it gives me a size of 3 or so MB for the different files, but in terminal ls is telling me it is of 0B... And I am unable to read the file in any way.

Would anyone have any pointers on how I would go about to interact with these files?

Thanks in advance,
Take care.

submitted by /u/lelleleldjajg
[link] [comments]

from hacking: security in practice https://ift.tt/7yM5CjL

Comments