Mac AppleID locked - am I SOL?

Long story short, our org had an employee leave under not ideal terms, and, while we were able to get their Macbook back, it is Apple ID locked (it's a new Macbook Pro, running the latest OS). I figured I'd ask here if anyone has any hacks to reset it back to factory settings. I tried following someone's instructions getting it to boot to single user mode, but I think this latest OS isn't as easily jailbroken.

I dug through our purchase records and matched the computer's serial number to a purchase a few years back...even with that proof of purchase, I was told they couldn't do anything for it, that I would have to get the password off of the former employee, which doesn't seem like it will happen. Worst comes to worst, I guess the company has a new paperweight.

TIA for any input you may have.

submitted by /u/cirkusnerd
[link] [comments]

from hacking: security in practice https://ift.tt/ESdXc4b

Comments