Is it possible to access PC with just the Ethernet cable?

Hi, how are things?

I am doing a safety study on the exposure of Ethernet cables in public places.

My question: Let's say I have a modem, to which I don't have access, it doesn't have any WiFi network, and from that modem a cable comes out of one of its ports to a computer. I know that it is possible to attack a PC with Metasploit, let's say that the computer is not protected, it is possible that by cutting the ethernet cable, i can from my side (with a computer) simulate a LAN network to have access to the local IP of the computer to run Metasploit? (The parameters would be that the attacked computer cannot be accessed and the modem cannot be physically accessed. Only the cable that connects them). Does anyone know if this is possible?

submitted by /u/C89OG
[link] [comments]

from hacking: security in practice https://ift.tt/V9uixcl

Comments