How do you setup a malware analysis sandbox?

I have an old computer that I no longer use anymore I listed the computer for sale but it’s not selling so I’ve decided to use it as a malware sandbox. The computer is running windows 10. Like my main idea was to setup the computer with the default admin account enabled but password protected then use a standard user account as the main user, so no admin privileges and I would elevate as needed. How would you go about setting it up a sandbox? I was also thinking of implementing virtual machines on the computer. What are some other ideas you would use an old computer for? The computer is a high performance PC with an i7 and 12gb of ram. If this is in the wrong community please let me know.

submitted by /u/geegol
[link] [comments]

from hacking: security in practice https://ift.tt/BczU0JA

Comments