How did someone manage to get into my Apple TV at home?

I want to ask about a weird situation that happened the other night? I live in a massive apartment complex. We have the ability to have comcast, at&t, and google fiber. I chose google Fiber because it is cheap, service is good and speeds. I have a fairly modern Linksys router. All of a sudden, the other night I got a confirmation code for someone to play media on my AppleTV.

I am not an expert on AppleTV. Is it possible to remotely connect but not be on my WiFi? If they did get on my WiFi, I logged into the control panel and under the devices, didn't find any device that shouldn't be connected to my network.

How is it possible that someone was requesting my AppleTV confirmation code (this is a physical device in my home only connected to my wifi via an ethernet cable), able to directly connect to my device?

submitted by /u/No-Fig-8614
[link] [comments]

from hacking: security in practice https://ift.tt/FdLlXve

Comments