How did someone manage to get into my Apple TV at home?

I want to ask about a weird situation that happened the other night? I live in a massive apartment complex. We have the ability to have comcast, at&t, and google fiber. I chose google Fiber because it is cheap, service is good and speeds. I have a fairly modern Linksys router. All of a sudden, the other night I got a confirmation code for someone to play media on my AppleTV.

​

I am not an expert on AppleTV. Is it possible to remotely connect but not be on my WiFi? If they did get on my WiFi, I logged into the control panel and under the devices, didn't find any device that shouldn't be connected to my network.

​

How is it possible that someone was requesting my AppleTV confirmation code (this is a physical device in my home only connected to my wifi via an ethernet cable), able to directly connect to my device?

submitted by /u/No-Fig-8614
[link] [comments]

from hacking: security in practice https://ift.tt/FdLlXve

Comments