YouTube Scam-baiters: deserved skepticism?

YouTube Scam-baiters: deserved skepticism?

Hey, guys! I've just been surfing youtube as usual when I decided to watch one of the videos in my feed that I usually ignore: "Scammed a Scammer!", "Took $25,000 from scammer!", "Deleted scammer's files!", etc etc.

I have always been skeptical of these videos, but I suppose to satisfy a curiosity I watched them anyway. The majority of vids I've watched are from "Scammer Payback" AKA Pierogi as he is known on the channel.

In one of the videos, he appears to have remoted into the scammer's machine and deleted everything he could find. Of course, I had something to say about this in the comments. Thoughts?

https://preview.redd.it/45p6o1ruc0d91.png?width=800&format=png&auto=webp&s=e15eb8560513a0130b4fc0f8ce9e5e38ca4e57fb

Can anyone clear this up for me? I mean... I'm not exactly a noob to cybersec. I feel like I should know better. Is there something I'm missing? Or am i completely correct that it's all BS.

submitted by /u/EnthusiasmWorried496
[link] [comments]


from hacking: security in practice https://ift.tt/s6p7UEc

Comments