What would you do with a rooted Galaxy A3?

I'm basically brand new to rooting and hacking/customizing phones so need a little guidance. (I've looked for articles and tutorials but they're fragmented and vague.) I want something cool to play with, ideally a version of Linux that still lets me make phone calls and possibly use Android apps. Or let me drop into a TTY.

I know I can install UserLand but would like to play with installing something cool on the native hardware and carry around a working version of Linux in my pocket.

Any suggestions? What would you do with it?

Thanks.

edit: I installed BusyBox, I assume I access the commands through Termux? I think I need an in depth tutorial, most of the things I'm reading seem to leave out details, I'm willing to take the time to learn but thought I'd ask people who already know this stuff.

submitted by /u/MuckyPixels
[link] [comments]

from hacking: security in practice https://ift.tt/sUIQP6v

Comments