Ways to tell if your computer is compromised?

I have a laptop I bought used on Facebook market place. It’s got a 1TB hard drive with a second partition that’s 25GB with a folder for drivers. I noticed it had trouble registering my mouse clicks and felt off so I decided to do a reset and deleted all files and settings and it just finished doing all that and is currently getting windows updates. But what stands out to me is that after it’s been on for a bit unattended the mouse is unresponsive. I found that by hitting the control or alt key on the keyboard will make the mouse come back and reminded me of remote sessions and virtual machines and made me curious if it’s been compromised or infected with something or monitoring software. I’m a novice at reading packets and such on wireshark but didn’t know if there were any tips or give away to know your computer is not safe anymore ?

submitted by /u/babetech
[link] [comments]

from hacking: security in practice https://ift.tt/cvCU2rG

Comments