(Reverse) SSH tunnel from work over HTTP(s) proxy to a home computer behind NAT?

Hello guys,

when working from home, I am supposed to access my work computers in the office with Remotedesktop/VNC. But this VNC is very very very slow, so work is no fun.

There is also no direct SSH access: Home -> Work.

However, I would like to have SSH access from home to my computer in the office.

I have two work computers in the office: one with Ubuntu 18.4 and root access and a PC with Windows 10 with Putty but without root access, so theoretically I could make an (reverse?) SSH tunnel from my work computer with Linux to my PC at home, which also has Ubuntu.

The two computers at the office are behind NAT and an HTTP(s) proxy.

The machine at home is behind NAT, but my router at home is reachable from the internet via a public IP (both IPv4 and IPv6), so I can set up port forwarding: 443 on the router -> 22 (or another) on the PC.

I would also like to use an SSH key for this.

I got:
[Linux@work], [Windows@work] ---> [Proxy@work] ---> Internet <---> [Router@home] <---> [Linux@home]

I want:
[Linux@home] --ssh-tunnel--> [Linux@work]

Is this possible at all?

And if so, how?

submitted by /u/letmyseeyoustripped
[link] [comments]

from hacking: security in practice https://ift.tt/mkcJdvb

Comments