Removed CMOS battery on laptop, BIOS password still there

Hi I have a Dell laptop who's owner doesn't know the password. This has happened to me before on other (older) Dell laptops before and I was able to fix it easily by using the code given to me by the bios-pw website.

Sadly this wasn't the case here even after trying ctrl+enter so I tried the official Dell guide by disconnecting the CMOS battery for a while pressing the power button to drain power.

After turning it back on I got the error saying how the date/time was reset but when asked to goto the bios was instantly prompted with the same password screen.

Not really sure what to do, any advice?

Dell Latitude 3520

submitted by /u/BlankTranquility
[link] [comments]

from hacking: security in practice https://ift.tt/VprkGUK

Comments