Is it possible to grab an IP from someone without them looking at anything you send?

I am in a really bad situation right now, where my boyfriends ex girlfriend sent me screenshots of his old account on a roleplaying app suddenly active again. He claims they shared the account, and that it’s her on there and she’s lying, that he doesn’t even know the account details anymore. When confronting her she was very aggressive, called us a bunch of names, and blocked us. I do not know that I can trust him though about this situation. Is there any way i could pay someone to simply tell me the country they’re logging into the account from? Anything like that. They live in two separate countries. Figuring this out would really help.

submitted by /u/throwaway00110011006
[link] [comments]

from hacking: security in practice https://ift.tt/07qCRbS

Comments