Getting into ctfs tryhackme learning path

Thank you for reading this.

​

I just want to give you some background information about me, so you can properly answer my questions. I'm 18, I know Python, js, css, html, I have some basic network knowledge, but like really basic, like some basic network knowledge of a lot, but no deep knowledge e.g I know what the osi model is and the layers, but I don't know strictly how everything works, I know tcp, udp, three way handshake etc., but I don't know it profoundly, I've also really messed around with a lot of things since I was a kid so I guess I have some basic knowledge in security systems and also really basic hacking tool knowledge. Don't expect too much of my hacking and network knowledge, it's really just general and not focussed enough.

​

I've today registered on tryhackme, for one simple reason; I want to have the proper knowledge to get into ctfs like any ctf, not just the beginner ones.

Is there any path(s) suggestions on tryhackme to get the proper basics, some straighforward path that's beginner friendly?

Also do the learning paths of tryhackme include ctfs or is that a seperate section?

Would you suggest me to already start doing ctfs in addition to taking a learning path on tryhackme, if so where (and maybe which ones)?

​

I really appreciate any answer!

Have a good day :)

submitted by /u/Kenshievaaa
[link] [comments]

from hacking: security in practice https://ift.tt/EYS3guN

Comments