Is someone hacking my internet?

If this is the wrong place to post this please point me where I should post this.

Tl;dr what kind of problems can I expect from someone using my mailing address for their internet carrier? One thing I could think of is, if they missed a payment on their internet, it might affect my credit score.

A stranger is using my mailing address. I know because I kept getting their mail from my internet provider. I live in an apartment complex. The address is correct except it has their name and no apartment number.

At first I figured it was a new neighbor, new to renting, who didn’t know how to fill-in their apartment number after the street address. I started getting their other mail and frankly it was a bit annoying. So I called my internet provider, X, and explained the situation. X took the blame and corrected it and I figured it was settled.

Recently I received a package with the same name as before, right address, again no apartment number. This time it was from a competitor of the first internet provider. I put it back near the mailboxes but where I could see it.

Just now, someone picked it up and they drove off. So now I don’t think it is a neighbor. Maybe someone is trying to hide their address?

submitted by /u/MoltingGold
[link] [comments]

from hacking: security in practice https://ift.tt/ITPLAZU

Comments