Is my Smart Bulb trying to hack into my Windows devices?

Today I was trying to connect to a VPN on Windows 10 and was having trouble. I looked in Event Viewer because the VPN dialog was only displaying a general message when it failed to connect.

After looking through the Application logs, I looked at the Security logs and saw some Audit Failures.

Well, looking at the details of those audit failures, the source was an IP on my network. When I tracked down which device it was, it ended up being a Smart LED bulb I have in my living room.

That seems very unusual to me, but I dont really know much about security audits in Windows. I noticed a couple other audit failures coming from my Google home and Vizio TV. From what I am able to find, the Audit Failure is a failed logon attempt. I don't know any other reason a network device would be attempting to access anything on my PC.

Am I just being paranoid?

submitted by /u/TwoCharacters
[link] [comments]

from hacking: security in practice https://ift.tt/Fg5QLh9

Comments