Hacking/security risk while unsubscribing to spam emails

Problem statement : I get a lot of spam emails everyday like most people do. The email filters aren't perfect so sometimes even valid emails are sent to spam folder. If there are a lot of spam emails per day, then it can be difficult to find and retrieve these valid emails from the spam folder. Therefore I need to unsubscribe to reduce the daily count of junk emails.

Solution implemented : I have multiple devices so I use one device exclusively for high risk web access. So basically unsubscribing to junk emails, clicking on internet links that are not https or any accessing of websites that my anti-virus flags as a potentially compromised/risky domain. Username/password for these email accounts are filled using a password manager, anti-virus is installed, and the device functions in isolation ( not connected to data storage devices or home network).

In this environment, If I unsubscribe to spam emails by clicking on the unsubscribe link in that email, what level of risk is there?

submitted by /u/Ezqxll
[link] [comments]

from hacking: security in practice https://ift.tt/s7fOKm6

Comments