Got my bitlocker hashes, now what?

I want to preface this by saying I have absolutely zero experience doing any of this. I'm familiar with windows and how to navigate most things but as far as any "hacking" im a noob.

I forgot the password to my bitlocker-encrypted drive and didn't save the recovery key (yes I know i'm sorry). I have been able to follow along with videos on youtube and have gotten as far as imaging my drive and using jumbojohn to run bitlocker2john.exe. It ran overnight and most of today and I now have my 4 hashes.

I know the password is at least ~12 characters but uses multiple special characters, numbers and letters. Therefore I assume trying to get that password is a lost cause.

Please help. I lost my father a couple of years ago and all of the pictures/videos/messages/notes I have involving him are on this drive.

Thanks

submitted by /u/Mitthaw
[link] [comments]

from hacking: security in practice https://ift.tt/RPQ2iTO

Comments