Videos are being uploaded to my YouTube Channel

I accidentally posted a link, so my original post got taken down by the bot. Please excuse me, but I have to repost my original post to get as much help from you guys as possible.

______________

Update: it seems that my Google Ads account (that I never even knew existed) was also compromised and used to start a campaign using my bank card. I've reported it to google but am slowly freaking out as I don't know what access these bastards have...

__________________

Update 2: I just checked my Google apps (when you open a new Chrome tab, the 6 squares that give you access to google sheets, drive etc.) and I found a new tool called "Run My Process" THAT I HAVE NEVER SEEN. I assume this could be the cause of the uploads?

I accessed the tool via Google admin. I removed data access and am now deleting the app. This rabbit hole just gets deeper and deeper...

___________________________

Hi Guys,

I was an idiot and downloaded some shady program files the other day that I probably shouldn't have.

Since today, strange videos are somehow being uploaded to my YouTube channel. I changed my Google password, made sure 2-factor authentication is enabled, ran a few anti-virus software programs and I thought the matter was solved. Now, a few hours later, the same happened again on my second YouTube channel (same google account). I checked, and no other devices are logged in, and no other login activity was registered in my google account. The only thing I can think of, is that I downloaded a virus the other day and that it is uploading these videos from my pc.

First of all - is this possible, that the videos are being uploaded by some virus?

If so, how can I track it down and remove it?

I'd appreciate any help I can get!

Cheers,

-CB

submitted by /u/Grimgorkos
[link] [comments]

from hacking: security in practice https://ift.tt/QtM91sn

Comments