Employment Hack?

So for those that don't have context, I work as an armed security officer making $22 an Hour. one of the pieces of equipment I have access too is a POS Chromebook.

Anyway, i decide I'm going to try an experiment between patrols. I've seen this talked about a lot on different YouTube videos and forums, but ive never done it myself.

After hacking my way into admin access on this computer, I install Gnu image Manipulation Program, Or GIMP for short. I probe a couple of companies and see if they'd like a logo redesign. of the 76 people i sent emails 12 got back to me.

Of the 12 who got back at me, 9 wanted logo redesigns. to my shock, they all agreed to my $200 price point. I just finished the last one. 8 have paid me, still waiting on the other.

Those of you that haven't done the math, that's $1600-$1800. took me 4 hours in total.

Edit: Several people have commented that ive violated some kind of law.

Show me what law you're referring too? I'm an authorized user of this laptop as outlined in my companies contract. Authorized and admin are not the same thing.

submitted by /u/Captain-Crunch1989
[link] [comments]

from hacking: security in practice https://ift.tt/2ZMPnFQ

Comments