using Bettercap/or similar monitor tools, breaks wifi until reboot!

I'm on Mac but had similar issues in the past on Linux. Basically tools like bettercap, which seems to have trouble working to be honest at first. It only seems my single network. Then it starts working and I can see my wifi is in monitoring mode thanks to the "eye" icon on my status bar on macos.

So I gather the info I need in monitoring mode, like using wifi.recon, and then type wifi.recon off. What I assume should happen is the interface goes back to normal.

I exit bettercap.

Unfortunately although I can see the networks around me, I cannot connect to any at all, no matter what.

Here's what I've tried:

ifconfig en0(/1) down/up

I've removed the interface from system pref -> network and readded it.

Nothing works, the only thing that allows me to connect back to wifi is rebooting.

I hope my explanation was okay, what do you guys think?

In ifconfig, the status is pretty much always inactive, sometimes after multiple commands, it may switch to active for seconds, then it goes back to inactive. It's rather annoying, I can't be rebooting after every single attempt st using Bettercap

submitted by /u/HealingWithNature
[link] [comments]

from hacking: security in practice https://ift.tt/qditx7O

Comments