Ngrok issue with reverse shell via WAN.

Ngrok issue with reverse shell via WAN.

I've set ngrok to be able to connect to an Android phone not in my LAN (I simply disconnected it from my network, tried with a friend on another LAN aswell). Created a payload (here I only created an example to test if it works) downloaded it on my phone and run it. When my phone IS connected to my WiFi I get a meterpreter shell, no problem what so ever. When my phone IS NOT connected to the internet WiFi but via phone connection to simulate WAN (LTE, 4G) the payload doesn't respond, it's like the phone isn't able to talk with ngrok (the ngrok port is forwarded properly, yougetsignal proves it). Kali connected with "Bridged Adapter".

Maybe my IPS (I don't even know if I have it) is blocking the connection when it's not coming from my LAN, I have no idea.

Second question: is there a way to reverse shell to a PC via WAN without having to exposte your PUBLIC IP in the payload? Can I stay anonymous while getting a persisent reverse shell? If so, how? Thank you!

https://preview.redd.it/tpqfcvhjdqp81.png?width=1920&format=png&auto=webp&s=d562a358e45ee2eda6208e56c44b545203ecb0b9

submitted by /u/Masso27
[link] [comments]


from hacking: security in practice https://ift.tt/q56guEY

Comments