Excel Encryption

I have a problem I can’t seem to solve myself. I am trying to bypass a password for an encrypted Excel file. Not a password protected sheet/workbook, but the entire file. I have tried the convert it to .zip/.ooxml methods. Those do not seem to work. Adding the VBA code to remove the password doesn’t work seeing as how you can’t access the VBA page. My question is, is this even doable? Can the password prompt be removed if you don’t know the password? Is there a way to extract the data without needing the password? Would the data just be encrypted if extracting the data is possible? Brute force is a difficult option because the password isn’t a common password, and also not really the point of the challenge I’m giving myself. Any help you can throw my way would be fantastic.
excel_pw_prompt

submitted by /u/tjones1231
[link] [comments]

from hacking: security in practice https://ift.tt/iO5ZgQs

Comments