Circumventing API throttling

I am making API requests to an API which has a request limit. The request limit is based on the IP which is making the request. What I wish to do is "wrap" my API request in a different IP to simulate that is coming from a different IP than it actually is. This needs to be scaled up.

I have attempted this using docker containers with a VPN client connected to different IPs and it works, however the process is cumbersome to set up since I have to start the code and run it in parallel over several containers.

What I wish to accomplish is to make these requests from different IPs in the code itself. I know proxies are a way to accomplish this, however I do not know how to implement such a solution. I am also open to other ideas!

submitted by /u/I_AM_NIKOLAI
[link] [comments]

from hacking: security in practice https://ift.tt/Zu3o6YJ

Comments