Has the windows side of the razor synapse power shell exploit been patched?

Incase you didn't know, there was a LPE exploit discovered like 6 months ago where you could simply plug in a razor keyboard or mouse which would give you system privilege's to download synapse. You could open this as a separate PowerShell window and well, you know, have full access to your previously limited machine.

My company recently hired a new IT team and all I want to do is simply synchronize my timezone as it hasn't been updated since 2015 and since it's off the rest of my computer to some extent is non functional. They've been MIA all morning and idk why I'm locked out of editing my time zone this machine has went from my workstation to an excel spreadsheet machine. Getting notifications and everything earlier than I need. Razor said they have fixed the bug as much as they can but it's mainly a windows error and I can't find anything on if it's been patched or not. I know that there is some other program that I forget the name of but it's basically a virtual USB emulator that I want to try tomorrow if this problem persists.

Simply put; has anyone heard anything from Microsoft on whether or not they've fixed the exploit? Also if anyone is more familiar with any other windows vulnerabilities that are similar I'd love to know.

Thanks :)

submitted by /u/Parzival1127
[link] [comments]

from hacking: security in practice https://ift.tt/HqJ3Eul

Comments