Hacking Via (What Appears to be) USB-C PD

I have been looking at getting a USB-C Power Deliver Charger so I can use my Macbook Pro in the car. Because USB-C can be used for more than just power delivery, like data extraction, installation of malicious code, etc it seems like what initially appears to be an innocent car charger could be much more. I found USB-C charger that has the power rating that I want on Amazon, but seeing where it's manufactured is giving me pause. Am I just being paranoid or is this a legitimate concern? Can someone who is familiar with this type of cybersecurity threat weigh in on the state of this type of exploit and how much risk is involved? After typing this message out I'm leaning toward just getting an inverter and plugging in my wall charger! Help they tryna get mah dataz!

submitted by /u/esdot
[link] [comments]

from hacking: security in practice https://ift.tt/nuFvRSJ

Comments