Detecting vulnerabilities in IoT devices

I have chosen "Detecting vulnerabilities in IoT devices" for my project. I have to settle down on a vulnerability and work towards creating a tool for its detection rather than all at once. I am having trouble selecting a single vulnerability. I have read research papers, survey papers, etc. Vulnerability like weak/hardcoded passwords is a bit too easy on the other hand vulnerabilities like insecure update mechanism seems daunting.

Can you guys help in selecting a vulnerability, whose detection (and probably exploitation) will be a feasible endeavour?

Some relevant information about me; that might help you gauge my skillset:

I am currently in the 6th semester of my bachelors. I have CompTIA Pentest+ and eJPT certification. I am currently working towards my OSCP.

Thank you!

submitted by /u/__Puzzleheaded___
[link] [comments]

from hacking: security in practice https://ift.tt/6szLxdI

Comments