Pivoting Lab

Hi guys, what is the best way to set up a Pivoting Lab?

I love pivoting through blackbox vms. When I want to set up a lab I usually go to Vulnhub and download 3 or 4 boxes, then I put them in different networks on virtualbox in a way that I need to compromise the first machine to get access to the second one and so on. The problem is that pratically all of Vulnhub machines are set up with only one network interface. So I need to fire up a vm, enter into the boot menu, use the root recovery shell to change network interfaces. For all of them, each time. Sometimes it takes me a lot of time to do it, sometimes internal services break, sometimes all of the vm simply breaks.

Anyone knows a faster way/ better way to do this? Or does anyone know a better way to set up a similar pivoting lab? What do you guys use?

(I use Vulnhub because it's free + I don't want to manually create vms because it's time-consuming and I want blackbox lab, I don't want to know vulnerabilities in advance)

Thanks!

submitted by /u/C4l1b4n_
[link] [comments]

from hacking: security in practice https://ift.tt/yh0XSY9U6

Comments