Hacked IG

My instagram was hacked yesterday. Someone I was following said they couldn't get into their account and IG was telling them they "needed a friend" to help verify them. They said it would send me a Text and to send it to them without opening it. I realized (after getting messaged on fb, checking ig and realizing I was logged out, and getting the "your email has been removed" with a link that does nothing) my dumbass FINALLY realized after that it was probably the link IG sends when you cant log in and need to change your password. By that point it was too late. They changed my password, removed my email, set up 2 factor authentication, and began posting things trying to hack and scam people.

I would like to get my account back if at all possible and can do whatever necessary to prove it is my account and get it back. It has pictures of lost poets, loved ones who have passed, etc and is full of 6 years worth of memories I do not want to lose, as well as a following of 14k+

The account is @geminialienprincess I've tried emailing but it just sends me a link that isn't helpful to my current situation. I have tried everything I can do on my end to log back in I have tried to contact instagram in almost every way possible but they have made it damn near impossible to actually get any kind of support or help

If you are wanting to help: DO NOT REPORT THE ACCOUNT OR WHAT THEY ARE POSTING! Instead please go to your Settings, Help, Report a problem and let them know that geminialienprincess was hacked and I'm trying to recover my account😰

submitted by /u/GhostGoddessLillith
[link] [comments]

from hacking: security in practice https://ift.tt/33RIQzN

Comments