First job in Cyber Security

Hi, I am a software engineer with 6+ years of experience with backend and cloud. And I decided to change my career path and try to get my first job in Cyber Security. Without exp in Cyber Security getting the attention of recruiters or companies is almost impossible. I have exps with HTB , Pentesterlab, and Portswigger but recruiters don't care about it so even the first interview to get is almost impossible.

So I am thinking to get some cert which can help me in this process. Of course, I don't want to start with the expensive one from OS. So, I was wondering if cert from pro labs helped you get your first job, or do you think it's a good idea?

Thank you

submitted by /u/LaughNervous
[link] [comments]

from hacking: security in practice https://ift.tt/3nKaPIf

Comments