Decided to try something else i saw on TV

As some of you may recall, a while back I used a social engineering hack to get myself a room for a week, as seen on leverage. Later that same year, I used a similar trick I saw on the docudrama, Hacktivist.

Today, I decided I wanted to try something I saw on scorpion. season one, episode 20, The character Sylvester drodd, uses a program to spoof his location and cause a virtual traffic jam ahead of him. While it isn't explicitly stated, there are some clues to indicate that Sylvester uses GPS and device spoofing to accomplish this goal.

In my possession, I have five android phones. Each of which contains app cloning software, and FLY GPS

I instructed fly GPS to stay at a minimum of 100 yards ahead of me on four of the phones. phone 1 acted as a wifi hotspot, as well as my normal GPS. The other four phones have at least 5 clones each running GPS apps at once.

For those of you that have done the math, that's 20 GPS devices all going in the same direction. What I noticed is that some of the roads ahead of me, registered as orange, and even red in some cases, while I was traveling. these are indications of heavy traffic. yet, when I got there, there would usually be only me and maybe one or two other cars on the road.

I have to imagine if i had more phones, more cloning apps, and more power to the phones, I might have been able to create virtual traffic jams on the highways, rather than just the backroads.

submitted by /u/Captain-Crunch1989
[link] [comments]

from hacking: security in practice https://ift.tt/r8D3oGJ5g

Comments