Baby Cam might've been hacked

This is a genuine first time post, and i'm here for a bit of advice. I just recieved a call from my wife asking if I was accessing our baby's Owlet camera because the red indicator light went off while she was getting dressed. The indicator light let's you know when someone has access to the camera. I was not accessing the app at the time, nor did i have it open on any of my tabs. The Camera is app based and wifi connected, so you can view footage from a mobile device. This is a multi question thread and I was wondering, Is there any way to protect my family from this occuring again besides chucking the cam out and purchasing one that isn't wifi based? Does the hack occur from the app, or from the base station which is connected via wifi? And is it possible to figure out if the hacker has recorded and saved any footage. I wont ask about locating the individual because im sure it's obscured by a VPN. Any Input is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

submitted by /u/WantonScoop
[link] [comments]

from hacking: security in practice https://ift.tt/3nXL1bP

Comments