Working around a domain

Not sure if this is the right place to post about this, but I’ve been trying to reset a password on an old ThinkPad X220 (Windows 7 Professional). I completed a hard shutdown and followed some steps to basically access the command prompt on the login screen, which works.

I used the command prompt to view user accounts (net user) and changed the password for a Guest account (net user Guest *) as I do not want to change or lose anything on the current account. When I tried logging in with the new details, it states “there are currently no logon servers available to service the login request”. I think this is due to the computer still being under an old domain. Is there a way to work around this?

submitted by /u/yhshi26
[link] [comments]

from hacking: security in practice https://ift.tt/3FuCGTG

Comments