Ubuntu Encrypted Home

Hi, I'm attempting to potentially recover some long lost bitcoin and my old laptop is locked like fort Knox, I had total drive encryption (which I remember the password to) and an encrypted /home dir.

I have used the strings command to dump the hash from wrapped-passphrase and I copied the hashes from private.sig. They were in /home/.ecryptfs/user/.ecryptfs

My question is, what is the hash type for these hashes? I have hashcat launcher installed to crack them but im not sure what the hash type is.

For reference. The hash I got from wrapped-passphrase is bd1612a4708ab608

and my two other hashes from Private.sig are 2723b338a9881f76 and 07e9f7ee1bb6de80

submitted by /u/AveragePatriot
[link] [comments]

from hacking: security in practice https://ift.tt/3sl4c2f

Comments