Looking for Feedback on my Recent Hacking Project

Hi everyone!

​

I recently open-sourced a tool I'd been working on for a while at https://github.com/flancast90/ChromePE, and am looking for some more experienced hackers to give me some feedback on it.

​

Basically, the tool (written in Python using Selenium) is designed for post-exploitation use, and allows an attacker to remotely get the victim's Chrome passwords, bookmarks, downloads, and history, as well as supports redirects using a specified URL with an optional keylogger there. I have already gotten some good ideas from Discord servers, such as support returns of localStorage and cookies, but am looking for some other things to add, too.

​

Some possible use cases I can imagine are in open-systems, such as library computers, etc, where an attacker could fake a required login to say, Google, with a forced redirect, and from there get the user's password and data. Another possibility would be where an attacker could upload files to a system, or could bundle the files in a malicious download.

​

The tool is at https://github.com/flancast90/ChromePE for all of you interested, and Thank You!

submitted by /u/Muted_Original
[link] [comments]

from hacking: security in practice https://ift.tt/3cV1aZD

Comments