laptop sometimes makes a beep, but it hasn't a hardware beeper?

hey, this sounds maybe weird but.. every 1-2 months, my laptop makes a "beep" noise and a click right after. it is coming from the right side of the laptop where usually a cd drive would be (but it has none). but my laptop don't has a hardware beeper build in and i'm struggle to find out what this could be.

it mostlye / often happens while using qtbittorrent while downloading files, so my assumption is that it has to do with my harddrive.. but i'm not sure if thats the case and what it could mean.

the weird aspect of it is, that it only happens a single time and then its silent for a long time (1-3 months?). it doesn't seem to matter if i download large files or not or if i do a lot of things on my laptop.. so its really random.

my laptop is hanging 24/7 (while in use) on the charging cable so i think the power shouldn't be an issue.

does anyone have a idea what this could be? its often really jumpscaring me because it happens so apprupt without any warning.

submitted by /u/Cycode
[link] [comments]

from hacking: security in practice https://ift.tt/3CQAFyR

Comments