Is my family trying to hack me?

I'll try and keep this short because for some reason my previous post got removed immediately.

So on my Microsoft account I've noticed a bunch of attempted logins from across the globe where it looks like someone is using a VPN to conceal their IP address and I know this hasn't been myself because I haven't used my VPN on my computer in literally months.

In particular, there is a login attempt from a Mac OS device (and some attempts from an IOS device) under my homes IP address and my dad is the only one with a mac device in my house (unless my brother has installed a mac OS on his computer at some point which is unlikely).

My burning question is is there anyway for someone to attempt to login to my Microsoft account and for it to come up with my homes IP address in the logs without actually being connected to my network or is this without a doubt someone on my network trying to gain access to my Microsoft account (and likely my other accounts because a lot of my logins for things share the same password) to snoop on my data?

Really appreciate any help anyone can offer.

submitted by /u/NightHawkSixty
[link] [comments]

from hacking: security in practice https://ift.tt/3GpRzHE

Comments