How to check usernames valability in a game

Hello.

I have this huge dump of usernames, hashed passwords ( that I am able to decrypt ), emails, etc from a game.

This game has a lot of private servers ( aka fan-made servers ) and I got the database from one of them, this being said, not all the accounts are working, which is normal, but I cannot check manually for every single account.

The good thing is that in the game, you don't have to input the password in order to check if the account exists in their database, because if you get the username right, no matter the password, it will display that the password is incorrect, but if the username does not exist, no matter the password, it will display that the account does not exist.

Just so I don't have to manually input every username and decrypt the corresponding password, I was wondering how hard it is to make a script that check all usernames, marks or lists the ones with "INCORRECT PASSWORD" just so I know what accounts DO exist on this game and thus I can start decrypting them.

How would one approach this? How can I start in researching on how to make this, I am fairly new to hacking so I find myself often not knowing what to search for, maybe you can give me some advice, some links or some already existing software that could be used or modified to be used for this

Thank you!

submitted by /u/robita233
[link] [comments]

from hacking: security in practice https://ift.tt/3EkfZ3v

Comments