Looking for a full band wireless spectrum analyzer for windows or linux

Hi guys so I have a few retro devices lying around my home from various companies that stopped production long ago. I am trying to break things down and see how they function individually and collectively as well. I have tried to use so far apps on the android store that scan wireless frequencies and radio signals for the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz spectrum however the signal may be out of the scope of these tools. I am looking for a comprehensive tool like a ham radio that can listen in on all existing frequencies except I don't actually need a ham radio since I'm looking for software. For the hardware side I have a cheap SDR adapter I got online that plugs into usb with a mini antenna and ofcourse a typical android phone. My goal is to find and pinpoint the exact frequency the devices are transmitting or operating on the contents of the transmission are irrelevant to me. If anyone knows where I could look or if anyone has some nice open source go to software that they use on a daily basis for troubleshooting wireless devices and radio signals please feel free to share it as it would be very much appreciated.

submitted by /u/SuperSoakerGuyx
[link] [comments]

from hacking: security in practice https://ift.tt/3lX534p

Comments