Im sorry for asking but what is hacking exactly?

This is not a "how to start" post, just a genuine question. Answer me like I'm a decent programmer but I have never done networking or hacking of any kind.

So the question is, what is the benefit of black hat hacking? What do you do? I know that you can try to breach the security of weaker sites but I don't think you gain anything from that. What else? The only thing I can imagine is sitting in a public café with a laptop and trying to gather passwords of people logging into the network. Is that how it works? Or do you gather information and sell them? To whom and where? How is it verified? Ive been scrolling multiple hacking related subreddits for a while and havent found anything useful at all.

submitted by /u/WarriorKatHun
[link] [comments]

from hacking: security in practice https://ift.tt/2Y3zWvN

Comments