Lock down browser security measures

I've read a lot about people's ethical concerns about LDB on their pc. Webcam access, it can be potentially hacked by people other than the company, etc.

I don't have solutions to all of these concerns, just some. And I'm very sorry for those of you who don't have a cheap spare laptop, hopefully you can borrow a college friends' laptop to keep the software off yours.

I have a much older webcam software that allows me to zoom in on my webcam. I can then zoom in more on my face. Less snooping hackers or whoever may watch the video can do. Logitech. The software must be from the early 2000's but it still works with my very recent 435 webcam.

I suspect you could use OBS studio and their virtual webcam with some effects to prevent total snooping as well, although LDB may be capable of detecting that you're using a virtual web cam.

Another option if you have access to a laptop where you don't mind the LDB is to output via HDMI to a USB HDMI capture card on your main PC. That way you can use your main PC for the test you just have to have the mouse hooked up to the laptop with LDB.

One thing I can recommend is if you have enough space in your hard drive you could install a 2nd copy of windows and select between the two at boot up. Has anyone tried LDB from a USB stick?

submitted by /u/mlw19mlw91
[link] [comments]

from hacking: security in practice https://ift.tt/3jpl9DC

Comments