Brand new to hacking. What the hell even is it though?

Hey all! I’ve always loved computers of any sort and I recently started working towards a degree in cyber security. I understand that hackers have a role in this industry as ethical hackers, who intentionally hack big computer systems to test its strength. I’ve been considering this, but I’m not even sure I fully understand what hacking is, where to start in terms of learning, and I have very minuscule experience in programming.

Which leads me to my next big question which has to do with programming. I’ve always wanted to learn how to code but I end up getting in my own head about how I may not be smart enough or whatever, but I’m growing tired of that mindset and I’d like to push myself to actually learn. But this opens up a broad spectrum of questions like what programming languages I should attempt to be the most familiar with, what resources should I use to learn, and how would one practice this skill?

Any info is greatly appreciated, thank you in advance!

submitted by /u/_N_S_R_
[link] [comments]

from hacking: security in practice https://ift.tt/3t0Bl1o

Comments