Leak disclosure, how to ask for compensation?

Hi everybody,

Today I've found out that one of these new fancy tech startups that do fitness is leaking private emails of their employees. I would like to report to them the vulnerability and how to reproduce it. They do not have a bug bounty in place and they are located in the EU.

I'm not sure on how to approach them and how to ask for compensation. I would be more than happy to settle for a free yearly membership of their top tier plan (worth 1.3k$) in order to burn some kcal accumulated during the lockdowns.

Do you think is it possible/reasonable to ask something like this? How should I approach them? Should I reveal the leak right away or should I first agree on the compensation?

submitted by /u/foundavulnerability
[link] [comments]

from hacking: security in practice https://ift.tt/2TWlN12

Comments