Is it possible to be hacked like this?

Hello everyone, I hope this post is okay with the community guidelines.

I received a couple of days ago an email (with the title being my password) saying that someone has recorded me through my webcam (I guess on my phone since I haven't used my desktop nor have a cam on it) while being on an adult website. That being said, I have a registration on a couple of those with that same password across all of them. Also, the person said they will share a video of the screen and my webcam to my facebook friends if I don't send 5k$ in bitcoin. The person said that that while watching vids "the web broswer started out working as a Remote control Desktop with a key logged which provided them accessibility to my screen and cam". After that their software collected every one of my contacts from messenger and facebook as well as email. At the end of the email they're saying to send a message if I want evidence and they'll send the video to my 11 friends (I have a lot more than that?). I tried replying but gmail blocked me saying Message not delivered, access denied.

My question is - is that really possible? Is it just someone who has seen my password on one of those websites and is now trying to exploit me? I use an iPhone X and do all of that stuff through Firefox Focus. I've never been on any websites that are not from the very few really popular ones.

submitted by /u/NinjasInBananas
[link] [comments]

from hacking: security in practice https://ift.tt/3y4136p

Comments