Bypassing geo-blocking

My company issues pre-built laptops which use certificate based VPNs to connect to the infrastructure. Furthermore, there is IP based geo-blocking in place to deter outside access. The only possible thing that can be changed are the WiFi settings to connect to a home WiFi network for remote working. No ethernet port. I'm of the opinion that it should be possible to setup a secondary device to create a WiFi that tunnels all traffic through a VPN to a location of my choosing. My boss thinks it's not possible so I would like to work up a proof of concept to show that it's not as safe as they think.

Does anyone have any pointers/ideas/guides how I could set this up with e.g. a 2nd laptop acting as the gateway device?

Thanks for any input

submitted by /u/Handsome_Me
[link] [comments]

from hacking: security in practice https://ift.tt/3jnojYY

Comments