Bluetooth Vulnerabilities Relevance and Research

Hey guys, I am working on a hacking-related project, and to take advantage of a Bluetooth initialization connection where Google authentication is not yet applied, I was looking into recent Bluetooth vulnerabilities that the device we are hacking could still be vulnerable to. Apart from the standard Bluetooth vulnerabilities, I have so far looked into

  • Key Negotiation of Bluetooth (KNOB) attack
  • BlueFrag leak
  • The Sweyntooth family

I wanted to start looking into ECC attacks, but given that many articles about it are from 2018 I was surprised, since I thought it was a more recent vulnerability. I was wondering whether this vulnerability is still exploitable in new devices on the market and thus still relevant, and if so, where I could find more information regarding the ECC attack.

Since Bluetooth has protocols completely different from internet, it has its completely own unique weaknesses. I'm not an expert on the Bluetooth protocols at all, since this course only taught us about the protocols of an internet connection, but I was wondering if there are any other interesting leaks that I should look into, particularly leaks that are still relevant to this day. If you have any ideas, I would love to hear about them as well!

submitted by /u/Krebota
[link] [comments]

from hacking: security in practice https://ift.tt/3daIjtU

Comments