Would you be interested in an ancient IBM RS/6000 HDD image from a fortune 100 company?

My hobby is collecting vintage computer equipment, mostly ancient UNIX workstations. I recently purchased an old IBM rs/6000 from Ebay and to my surprise the HDD was still in there and not whipped clean. I managed to gain access to the root account with some recovery tools and found out to that this workstations once belonged to Honeywell International. To be more precise it belonged to the European branch of Honeywell ,judging from the workstation's set domain "honeywelleurope.com".

So are any of you here interested on getting your hands on that HDD image before I erase the disk?

I know this is a "grey" area ,but the data sitting on that HDD is 24 - 25 year old by now and also this exact Honeywell domain seems to be dead ,so I don't believe that sharing such data is illegal or harmful towards anyone.

submitted by /u/prussian_rock
[link] [comments]

from hacking: security in practice https://ift.tt/2TueXzT

Comments